Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Depression is a disorder whose main characteristic is a feeling of great sadness. There is what is called “reactive depression”, which is generated by an extreme reaction to an external event, such as an accident or the death of a loved one. This type of depression is normal in the face of such events. But there is also what he calls “endogenous depression“, which appears for no apparent external reason, and has a biological cause. Those who suffer from it are invaded by an excessive feeling of sadness and melancholy, they tend to lose their appetite, it is difficult for them to sleep, among other things. Although it is a difficult condition to treat given the characteristics of the symptoms, it is not impossible. Here we will give you some tips to treat endogenous depression.
Steps to follow:
- Go to a specialist doctor. This type of endogenous depression, generally, cannot be overcome without the intervention of a specialist doctor. He will be the one to indicate the medical steps to follow, and will surely also propose the use of antidepressants as a complement to the treatment.
- Perform exercise. As in all disorders related to mood, exercise is the best ally. It promotes the release of endorphins, the hormone related to joy and happiness. Going for a walk, running, and biking daily are some of the recommended exercises in these cases.
- Modify eating habits. As always, a good diet is essential for your body to function 100%. Although you may not have an appetite during depression, try to eat every four hours. In addition to the four basic foods, in between, try to eat some fruit. Your body needs to have all the necessary nutrients to fight endogenous depression. The consumption of vitamin C is recommended, which can be found in citrus fruits, some vegetables and nuts. Also, folic acid, which is found in carrots, tomatoes, and apples.
- Do acupuncture. Experts on the subject recommend this type of ancient technique, since it works fundamentally with the energy of the body. There may be blocked energy or low energy in certain areas, its release or its increase being important so that the energy flows naturally.
- Practice meditation. Relaxation and breathing techniques have very positive effects on these types of illnesses. It is important to release tension and try to bring your body back into balance.
- Try to support yourself in your loved ones. It is essential to trust them and let them help. If you need to talk to someone, do it. Many times, talking about the situation helps us understand it and want to change it. The change comes from you.
- Try to write your feelings on a sheet, put them out. Write how you feel and everything you think. Then read it, try to think of all the positive things you have, hold on to that positive thought.
- Do new activities. Try to implement in your routine some activity that you like or a hobby, something that generates pleasure in you. If you can’t find anything that excites you, plan something else like visiting a friend, reading a book, going to the park.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
- Talk to a doctor to find out, in detail, how to treat endogenous depression.
Stress occurs when our systems are overloaded by internal or external issues and often comes with negative connotations. However, stress in small doses is not bad, like when your boss challenges you with a new assignment that helps you grow. Too much stress, including excessive workloads, working too many hours, abusive co-workers, and demanding bosses and clients, can lead to burnout. Work stress seems to increase with more and more. The management of effective stress is crucial to survive some work environments.
Steps to follow:
- Watch your diet to reduce stress. Make sure you always get enough sleep and eat a healthy diet to be prepared for challenging clients. Stressed people tend to choose caffeinated, sugary, and fatty foods, and even alcohol for quick energy. Not only will the effect of these options wear off soon, but there will also be weight gain, further weakening your ability to handle stress. Eat a diet of fruits, vegetables, water, and raw foods.
- Exercise. Regular exercise helps lower the production of stress hormones and associated neurochemicals. Focus on cardiovascular exercise like jogging, biking, or using the elliptical machine and yoga. Yoga teaches you how to breathe properly and also forces you to stretch and relax.
- Follow your own pace and delegate responsibilities at work whenever possible. Don’t try to do everything yourself, it will likely lead to burnout. Also, if you become essential, you will have a much greater feeling of stress.
- Prepare for exhausting work days by reaching out to loved ones. Read a bedtime story with your children. Spend quality time with your partner. Take a walk or call a good friend for a nice chat. If you can afford it, find a good therapist to deal with extreme stress at work.
- Avoid spending several hours in front of the computer without interruptions. Take a five-minute break every hour to stimulate blood circulation, walk around your office, and do some light stretching exercises. Close your eyes and focus on taking deep breaths when you feel very stressed.
- Talk to your boss if you feel overwhelmed or if you have questions about your work environment. Be firm and agree not to do more than you can handle. If your boss doesn’t want to listen, it may be time to find another job with a more empathetic supervisor.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
When, for example, our head or stomach hurts, it is very common to bring our hands to this place, as if in this way we were relieving the pain. This is the way of acting of reiki, with the hands. It is an ancient healing technique that has its origin in Japan, it consists of channeling energies with the hands to achieve healing. Reiki means universal energy in Japanese and is what this practice is based on. It is not a gift that some people have, but it is learned and anyone can receive or apply it. Part of the basis that the body is all energy, but this energy sometimes gets stuck. The imposition of hands makes the energy flow again and the body continues to maintain balance. It can help heal physical or emotional conditions like anxiety. How to heal anxiety with reiki.
- How reiki works.
- Benefits of reiki for anxiety.
- Reiki positions to cure anxiety.
How reiki works.
The word reiki is made up of two parts: the first, “Rei”, refers to the universal vital energy and we are all connected to it. For its part, “Ki” refers to an energy that flows through all living beings, therefore, it is our own vital energy. It is the most physical part of the vital energy. Energy flows in our body through the seven chakras.
Although many people think it, reiki is not a deception, it simply tries to channel the energies so that everything flows correctly to be healthy.
Through reiki, a transfer or channeling of universal energy is carried out to anyone who requires and needs it. Thus, it stimulates our body to restore harmony.
Benefits of reiki for anxiety.
Anxiety is nothing more than a mismatch between the body and the mind and this is due, according to reiki, to a disruption of the flow of natural energy. Therefore, it must be channeled and healed.
In this specific case, several energy points must be treated, since there are several things that must be improved. For example, calm the nerves, avoid insomnia or stop worrying excessively. In addition, through reiki, self-esteem is also improved and helps to gain confidence and self-confidence.
However, although Reiki has very good results, you can always combine it with other therapies to heal anxiety, such as meditation. In the following article we show some Mindfulness exercises for anxiety.
Reiki is widely used for anxiety and its results are very optimal. This is because reiki fills the chakras with universal energy, so that the body gets what it needs at the exact moment. What the person who applies reiki does is act as a conductor of universal energy so that it reaches the patient and he can heal on his own. In addition, it promotes breathing and relaxation.
The WHO has approved reiki therapy as a complementary treatment for anxiety, in addition to other diseases.
Reiki positions to cure anxiety.
To be able to cure anxiety with reiki, it is best to go to someone who knows how to apply it in a way that acts as a channel for universal energy to heal you. However, there are some positions that will help you control anxiety. We tell you some of them.
- With your hands on your temples, you will be able to balance the two cerebral hemispheres, so that reason (left part of the brain) and emotions (right part of the brain) will be equal. In addition, it will help you release serotonin, known as the hormone of happiness and, in this way, you can alleviate feelings of frustration, despair or demotivation. Also, it will help clear your mind and ideas.
- If instead you put your hands on the back of the head, right where the skull meets the vertebrae, you will help improve headaches. You will release accumulated tension in the area.
- Hands on throat and neck will help with communication. When you suffer from anxiety, communication with other people is often difficult. In this position, the fifth chakra that is responsible for verbal and non-verbal communication and expression is unlocked. It can help you to be more assertive and, therefore, have more confidence in yourself.
- The blocked seventh chakra can create very negative tensions and emotions as in the case of anxiety. To unlock it, you must place your hands on the cranial crown. The positions of the hands in the head area help to balance thoughts and emotions and to have peace and tranquility of mind.
- However, not only the head acts on anxiety, the heart also makes the feelings stronger. With the hands on the thorax, act in this area and once you have worked the energy, you will feel a lot of happiness and joy.
- The hands on the navel help to alleviate the feeling of the knot in the stomach so well known. What is actually happening is that the energy is stuck and, therefore, it must be channeled.
- And finally, do not forget to unlock the first chakra that is the basis of the entire energy field. It is located in the lower abdomen and once released you will feel stability and general balance.
If this is the first time you are doing Reiki, to make contact, it is important to take a series of deep breaths before starting. Relax and feel the energy flow throughout your body. Then start with chakra number 7, the crown. And little by little you must go down until you reach the first chakra as we have seen. To begin, place your left hand on your left eye and your right hand on your right eye to address the third eye or brow chakra. Place your hands that way and place your fingers gently on your forehead. Then go down first one hand and then another to the next chakra, the throat. And little by little you go down and channeling the energy allowing it to flow throughout your body.
Surely at times you have felt an irrepressible desire to eat and, normally, the food that we want is not usually very healthy: a piece of cake, a slice of pizza, a chocolate bonbon, and so on. This hunger is not a physiological hunger but is, rather, a psychological hunger caused by anxiety.
In this article we want to show you how to control your anxiety about eating by giving you some simple tricks that will help you curb your desire to eat anything.
- The urge to eat.
- Cut down on sugar.
- Drink water.
- Take care of your pantry.
- Eat 5 times a day.
- Do exercise.
- Creativity in the kitchen.
- Distract yourself.
- Rest at night.
The urge to eat.
Stress, boredom, or personal problems can make us anxious; This state of mind alters our mind and our nerves, which can lead to an anxiety attack that is very dangerous for the heart; For this reason, it is important to learn to avoid anxiety.
One of the signs of anxiety refers to the act of eating: if you have an uncontrollable desire to eat sweet, or an irrepressible desire to eat a whole pizza with salami without being just hungry, the anxiety is most likely what is causing you these food cravings.
Eating disorders, most of the time, are related to emotional problems, so to know how to control anxiety about eating, the first thing we must do is reduce the stressful situations in our life.
Cut down on sugar.
To know how to control anxiety to eat it is important that you eliminate excessive consumption of sugar in your diet. Why? Because sugar is known to be an addictive substance: that is, the more sugar you eat, the more you want to eat sugar throughout the day. Reduce sugar consumption and you will reduce the craving for sweets throughout your day.
Nutrition specialists indicate that the feeling of hunger is often confused with the feeling of thirst: that is, you think you are hungry when in fact your body needs to hydrate. For this reason, and to avoid this confusion, it is recommended that you drink between 1.5 liters and 2 liters of water a day.
Also, if you want to reduce the feeling of hunger before sitting at the table, you can have a large glass of water that will satisfy you and will ensure that you do not devour everything that is put in front of you.
Take care of your pantry.
To learn how to control anxiety about eating, the first thing we have to do is something that seems very logical: not to have the temptations at home. When we go to the supermarket, we can fill the shopping cart with endless products that we must avoid having in the pantry if we want to avoid anxiety about food.
We advise you to substitute “tempting” products for healthier ones: instead of a chocolate muffin, get some cereals with chocolate and fiber; Instead of microwave popcorn, buy nuts. The result is simple: if you don’t have it at home, you won’t feel like eating it.
Eat 5 times a day.
It is surely not the first time you have heard that to lead a healthy life you must eat 5 times a day. And is that by putting food continuously in your body, you eliminate the feeling of hunger and, therefore, suppress the urge to eat. It is recommended that you carry out a healthy diet and that you incorporate the intake of fruits between meals.
As we have already mentioned, the urge to eat is derived from a nervous imbalance: stress, problems or worries make anxiety take over your mind. Therefore, exercising is a good way to fight anxiety as it distracts the mind and releases stored energy.
Creativity in the kitchen.
Another of the ways you have to know how to control anxiety to eat is by making your diet include dishes and flavors that appeal to your palate. The trick is to replace the less healthy dishes that seem so appetizing when you have anxiety, with other healthier and also very tasty.
Reinvent your favorite dish to have a healthy diet by changing, for example, a Bolognese pasta dish for one of whole meal pasta with vegetables: the feeling of eating pasta is the same but the result is more beneficial to our health. Do the same with other dishes that are tempting to your palate!
One of the causes of anxiety about food is boredom or, if not, how many times have you been home one afternoon and went to the fridge to look at what was there? Surely this situation is familiar to you, so to avoid the anxiety about eating that is generated by boredom, all we have to do is distract ourselves: grab a book, put on a movie or redecorate your house. You’ll see how, with distraction, the desire to eat disappears.
Rest at night.
Sleeping well is also important to reduce anxiety and keep your body feeling full throughout the day. Restful sleep stimulates a hormone that is in charge of telling the brain that we are satisfied: the hormone leptin. If your body is satisfied and rested, anxiety will not develop and, therefore, our diet will not be affected.
The psychosis is a mental disorder in which the notion of reality is lost. People who suffer from psychotic disorder present two fundamental symptoms such as hallucinations and delirium. Although early detection is essential for the proper development of the person, sometimes we can have around us people who suffer from psychosis and are not yet diagnosed. That is why from this article, we want to guide you on how to recognize psychosis.
- How to recognize hallucinations of psychosis?
- How to recognize the delusion of psychosis?
- What kinds of delusions do psychotic people have?
- What characterizes a person with psychosis?
How to recognize hallucinations of psychosis?
The alucinaciones can be any of the senses, which are: auditory (voices) of taste (note flavors without having anything to them that flavor), visual (seeing things or people who are not) or tactile (note that they touch, for example).
The most common hallucinations for a person suffering from psychosis are auditory and visual.
How to recognize the delusion of psychosis?
The delirium is characterized by totally false ideas, that people with psychosis believe with absolute clarity and certainty (delusions). Sometimes the certainty of these ideas is not absolute, and they can be disputed due to their lack of logic, being able to refute and cast doubt on their veracity, these being the so-called deliroidideas.
We speak of delirium when many delusional ideas give rise to a structured organization of thought, which the subject can explain and is totally convinced, considering it real and may even cause doubt.
What kinds of delusions do psychotic people have?
- Paranoid delusion. Being self-referential (they talk about me, look at me, etc.) or self-prejudice (they want to deceive me, they persecute me, etc.).
- Delusion of guilt. Feeling guilty about things that do not concern you, while causing a depressive disorder.
- Delusion of ruin. It is believed with absolute certainty that it is bankrupt.
- Genotypical delusion. Thoughts about the infidelity of the couple although there is nothing to suspect.
- Erotomaniac delusion. They are believed to be other people’s desire for love.
- Delusion of condemnation. It usually appears in religious people, and they believe that what they do has no forgiveness from God, doomed to go to hell, even if they are insignificant things from a moral point of view.
- Delusion of possession. The person believes that he is possessed.
- Hypochondriacal delirium. The person believes with absolute certainty that he or she suffers from a disease even if a diagnosis is not obtained by a doctor.
- Delusion of grandeur or megalomaniac. Belief that they are people whose duty is to do something really important for the world, believing that they will soon be, for example, presidents of the government.
- Cottar d’s symptom. People with psychosis who suffer from this delusion believe with absolute conviction that they are dead.
What characterizes a person with psychosis?
- It is a person who frequently suffers from perception disturbances.
- You have delusions that you believe with certainty.
- It usually presents alterations in behavior.
- He misinterprets reality.
- Does not correctly show affection towards people around him.
To a greater or lesser extent, we have all suffered anxiety at some point in our life. Anxiety is a natural reaction of the body, which becomes alert when it perceives danger. But what happens when this danger is not real? When is the mind that makes it? In these cases, anxiety can become chronic and generalized, requiring a psychiatric consultation to alleviate and calm its effects.
Whether you have chronic anxiety or specific anxiety, due to a change in your life, stress or before a big date, nature offers us infinite alternatives to be able to deal with it and return to normality.
Steps to follow:
- The passionflower, popularly called the Passion Flower is an easy herb to recognize its kaleidoscopic flower, purple and yellow, and its innumerable benefits and properties. Being good for so many conditions it is not surprising that it is also good for anxiety.
- This plant has a great calming effect, which is why it works perfectly in those people who suffer from anxiety, stress and nervousness, reducing the nerves and calming the accumulated tension.
- Of the other properties it has, it is worth highlighting its power as an antispasmodic, that is, it prevents stomach movements that cause stomach ailments, and we highlight this because the stomach is one of the places where anxiety attacks the most.
- The valerian is another major natural remedy used to treat many conditions, but usually, it is used to treat all kinds of problems related to the central nervous system.
- As a result of its sedative and calming effects, valerian can become your great ally to combat anxiety and stress, as well as a magnificent natural alternative to drugs to prevent sleep disorders and insomnia.
- Valerian is an herb that is also highly recommended for treating menopausal symptoms, as well as other mood disturbances that cause irritability and mood swings.
- Surely, we do not need to say anything about chamomile and its properties, since in any home we can find this popular herb to calm anxiety.
- Chamomile, as well as valerian, has sedative and calming effects, highly indicated for those who suffer from anxiety, stress, and emotional hypersensitivity or irritation. This plant can help relax and de-stress the mind during the day, but it is also perfect for preventing insomnia at night.
- As we have already said before, anxiety is a condition that usually manifests itself through the stomach with poor digestion and tummy aches, but chamomile also has a cure for this, as its anti-inflammatory properties allow to reduce inflammation of the stomach and intestinal mucosa, calming pain and irritation.
- We went from a very popular herb to another that is not so well known in our area, but just as famous or more famous in other parts of the world. The ginseng is one of the largest and most widely used remedies in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Ginseng is a plant with great properties, although most of these are found in its root, which benefits are recognized when regulating our body. This regulation occurs at two levels, firstly it is a great source of energy, something essential to overcome the fatigue and tiredness typical of an anxiety disorder. But on the other hand, it is also known to regulate mood effects, being especially effective in those people who suffer from depressive or anxious symptoms.
- The verbena is another very popular plants to ease anxiety, traditionally used to fight many diseases and conditions. Besides having a fantastic aroma and flavor, which is why it is used as a gastronomic element in some cultures, lemon verbena has a great sedative effect, making it a perfect element to facilitate sleep and prevent insomnia.
- To all this we must add its properties as a digestive and antispasmodic, which are also very useful to cope with some of the most common symptoms of anxiety.
- Normally anxiety, as well as other mental disorders such as schizophrenia or psychosis, is associated with high levels of dopamine, a hormone present in our body that is responsible for regulating different mechanisms of our body. The San Juan plant is an herb to combat anxiety because, due to its composition in flavonoids and hypericin, it helps to inhibit the effects of dopamine, relieving anxiety and improving mood.
- In addition, it also reduces the production of adrenaline, another hormone present in states of anxiety, making it a perfect remedy to attack this condition from a global point of view.
- Raise your hand to those who have not ever been told to have a linden, we have all been through that and, probably, when we talk about calming anxiety with herbs we are talking almost specifically about linden.
- Because of its powerful sedative effect, it is widely used as a cure for insomnia, taking it before going to sleep, however, in cases of anxiety it can also be used during the day, to calm the state of nervousness and stress.
- Now that we know which herbs to take to calm anxiety, it is time to learn how to take them to combat this disorder. There are many ways to do it, and each of them will depend on different factors such as the herb we want to take or our preferences. Here are the best ways to take herbs to calm anxiety:
- Taking them by means of an infusion is the most used and the most effective way, since its active principles are absorbed very well. To do this, you can buy herbal preparations or prepare it at home from the leaves. You have to add the leaves or the bag of herbs in a cup of boiled water, let it rest for 5 minutes, and when it has infused, remove the leaves. You can also add lemon juice or a sweetener such as honey and it will be ready to drink. In the following article you will find the best infusions to calm anxiety.
- If you like its flavor, some of these plants can be eaten directly as a fresh leaf, as part of salads or alone.
- Some of these herbs such as ginseng or lemon verbena are used as a condiment in the preparation of some dishes. Especially lemon verbena, with its great citrus flavor, is used to pair some sauces for fish and meat.
- Herbs to calm anxiety can also be used doing aromatherapy or with steam or inhalations. To do this, put a pot to boil, with the leaves of the plant you want inside and being careful not to burn yourself, cover your head with a towel and breathe in the rising steam.
Feeling anxiety in certain situations is something totally normal and natural, as can be fear or happiness. But when worry and restlessness become too high, an anxiety disorder can develop that needs proper medical treatment. It is therefore a fairly generalized psychiatric problem and closely related to stress and in this article, we want to explain what the symptoms of anxiety are.
Steps to follow:
- First of all, it should be noted that anxiety symptoms can be divided into different types depending on where they originate and what they produce, for example if they are treated on a physical or mental level. Likewise, it is important to note that anxiety causes a general feeling of uneasiness on someone for no particular reason.
2. The symptoms of anxiety at the cognitive level are:
- Sense of danger.
- Desire to run away.
- Constant alertness.
- Negative thoughts about yourself and others.
- Concentration and memory difficulties.
3. Likewise, anxiety also generates physical or physiological symptoms on those who suffer from it:
- Chest tightness.
- Respiratory distress.
- Muscular stiffness.
- Digestive upset.
- Dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
4. In severe cases, sleep or eating disorders may occur, as well as it may affect sexually.
On the other hand, changes in behavior or motor symptoms can also be detected, such as:
- Awkward movements.
- Closed postures.
- Shocked facial expression.
- Repetitive movements.
Post-traumatic stress is a condition that appears after having experienced a situation that was experienced as terrifying and paralyzing, and that has generated feelings of intense fear, helplessness and anxiety. These situations can be related to natural disasters, such as earthquakes and hurricanes, to everyday situations, such as illnesses, theft, accidents and fires. Experiencing post-traumatic stress, it is quite common, although few people are aware of it. Those who experience this condition are often afraid that the event will repeat itself, have nightmares, terrifying thoughts that they cannot control, irritability and difficulty concentrating. All of these symptoms are normal under this condition and can be reversed with proper treatment and the support of those who love you.
Steps to follow:
- Ask for help. It is important that you go to a doctor for a proper diagnosis. It will be he who will indicate the appropriate medical treatment to follow to treat post-traumatic stress, and if medication is necessary, what is the right medicine for you.
- Support and accompaniment. People with post-traumatic stress disorder need the support of their family and loved ones to help them cope. It is important that you can talk to them and feel content. Tell him about how you feel and how you live this situation.
- Relaxation. Try to learn relaxation and breathing techniques. This will help calm anxiety and decrease intense alertness. Yoga and Tai Chi are highly recommended techniques for these cases.
- Avoid stress. During these periods, try to avoid stressful situations, you should try to keep as calm as possible. Try to do all activities in moderation, including work. It is important to take a break when you feel like you are reaching a point of stress.
- Healthy habits. You have to implement habits that contribute to a better quality of life. A good diet, the realization of creative activities, exercise and a good rest, are the key to overcome this situation. It is recommended that you exercise daily, for at least 30 minutes.
- Think positive. This is just one moment in your life that will pass. You must keep up your strength and try to deal with this situation in the best possible way. Remember that post-traumatic stress can be overcome, you just need to have a positive thought.
- To treat post-traumatic stress, contact a doctor.
If you have been down for a while, if you are not able to get out of that pothole, if you do not know who to talk to for help, perhaps it is because the time has come to go to a psychologist. Many people are reluctant to ask for professional help when they need it, but just as we go to the doctor when our leg hurts, if there is something emotional that hurts us, we can go to the specialist in this matter: the psychologist. In this article we will help you know how to detect when you should go to the psychologist so that your mental and emotional health are, again, in good condition.
- Uncontrolled emotions.
- Extreme pessimism.
- After a traumatic moment.
One of the first signs that the time has come to seek professional help is when you are unable to control your emotions. After a hard period or in some situations in your life when you suffer from a lot of stress or strong depression, it is possible that your emotional health is similar to that of a roller coaster: days you are euphoric but the next day you may be sunk in a well. In this article we give you some tips on how to control anger.
Therefore, if at this time you find yourself in this situation in which you feel unable to control your emotions, it is recommended that you go to a psychologist to help you balance yourself and make you more stable in your day-to-day life. These episodes can be produced by different factors and with the doctor you will have to work to overcome them.
After a difficult stage or a dramatic moment in a person’s life, it may be difficult to get out of that situation. When you enter the well it can be difficult to learn how to get out of it and, many times, we need the help of someone to reach out and help us to get out into the open air again. This stage in which help is required can be detected because your attitude and your vision of the world is bathed in negative and defeatist thoughts; Extreme pessimism is very difficult for a single person to overcome and, in most cases, someone needs to reach out and help you overcome that bump.
So, one of the signs that will help you know when you should go to the psychologist is if you realize that lately you are having a very pessimistic view of life, that everything seems wrong, that you have no illusion about getting out of bed or that you don’t feel like doing anything. Before continuing in this loop and it is more difficult to get out of it, it is recommended that you ask for help.
After a traumatic moment.
Even if you feel good and think that you do not need professional help, it is highly recommended that after a person experiences a traumatic period they go to a psychologist for therapy and help them pass that period. Many people believe they are very strong and feel that they do not need help but the truth is that there are some moments in our lives that we may not know how to manage or how to face to continue living.
Even if you do not feel that you are in a depression, the truth is that it is easy for your vision of the world to change after having gone through a complicated situation, therefore, it is advised that you have the help of a doctor to be able to cope with this new moment of your life in the most rational and balanced way possible.
A good part of addictions to substances such as alcohol or drugs is found in an emotional instability that makes the person abuse drugs to escape from the world. Therefore, in order to overcome addictions, it is vital that, at the same time, you try to overcome that part of your life that you do not like and that you want to get away from through the abuse of addictive substances.
So, another sign to know if you should go to the psychologist can be found in an analysis of your habits: do you drink more alcohol? Are you hooked on some drug? In order to help you overcome addiction, it is essential that you go to a mental health professional who will give you the illusion of living again without the need to alter reality.