When, for example, our head or stomach hurts, it is very common to bring our hands to this place, as if in this way we were relieving the pain. This is the way of acting of reiki, with the hands. It is an ancient healing technique that has its origin in Japan, it consists of channeling energies with the hands to achieve healing. Reiki means universal energy in Japanese and is what this practice is based on. It is not a gift that some people have, but it is learned and anyone can receive or apply it. Part of the basis that the body is all energy, but this energy sometimes gets stuck. The imposition of hands makes the energy flow again and the body continues to maintain balance. It can help heal physical or emotional conditions like anxiety. How to heal anxiety with reiki.
- How reiki works.
- Benefits of reiki for anxiety.
- Reiki positions to cure anxiety.
How reiki works.
The word reiki is made up of two parts: the first, “Rei”, refers to the universal vital energy and we are all connected to it. For its part, “Ki” refers to an energy that flows through all living beings, therefore, it is our own vital energy. It is the most physical part of the vital energy. Energy flows in our body through the seven chakras.
Although many people think it, reiki is not a deception, it simply tries to channel the energies so that everything flows correctly to be healthy.
Through reiki, a transfer or channeling of universal energy is carried out to anyone who requires and needs it. Thus, it stimulates our body to restore harmony.
Benefits of reiki for anxiety.
Anxiety is nothing more than a mismatch between the body and the mind and this is due, according to reiki, to a disruption of the flow of natural energy. Therefore, it must be channeled and healed.
In this specific case, several energy points must be treated, since there are several things that must be improved. For example, calm the nerves, avoid insomnia or stop worrying excessively. In addition, through reiki, self-esteem is also improved and helps to gain confidence and self-confidence.
However, although Reiki has very good results, you can always combine it with other therapies to heal anxiety, such as meditation. In the following article we show some Mindfulness exercises for anxiety.
Reiki is widely used for anxiety and its results are very optimal. This is because reiki fills the chakras with universal energy, so that the body gets what it needs at the exact moment. What the person who applies reiki does is act as a conductor of universal energy so that it reaches the patient and he can heal on his own. In addition, it promotes breathing and relaxation.
The WHO has approved reiki therapy as a complementary treatment for anxiety, in addition to other diseases.
Reiki positions to cure anxiety.
To be able to cure anxiety with reiki, it is best to go to someone who knows how to apply it in a way that acts as a channel for universal energy to heal you. However, there are some positions that will help you control anxiety. We tell you some of them.
- With your hands on your temples, you will be able to balance the two cerebral hemispheres, so that reason (left part of the brain) and emotions (right part of the brain) will be equal. In addition, it will help you release serotonin, known as the hormone of happiness and, in this way, you can alleviate feelings of frustration, despair or demotivation. Also, it will help clear your mind and ideas.
- If instead you put your hands on the back of the head, right where the skull meets the vertebrae, you will help improve headaches. You will release accumulated tension in the area.
- Hands on throat and neck will help with communication. When you suffer from anxiety, communication with other people is often difficult. In this position, the fifth chakra that is responsible for verbal and non-verbal communication and expression is unlocked. It can help you to be more assertive and, therefore, have more confidence in yourself.
- The blocked seventh chakra can create very negative tensions and emotions as in the case of anxiety. To unlock it, you must place your hands on the cranial crown. The positions of the hands in the head area help to balance thoughts and emotions and to have peace and tranquility of mind.
- However, not only the head acts on anxiety, the heart also makes the feelings stronger. With the hands on the thorax, act in this area and once you have worked the energy, you will feel a lot of happiness and joy.
- The hands on the navel help to alleviate the feeling of the knot in the stomach so well known. What is actually happening is that the energy is stuck and, therefore, it must be channeled.
- And finally, do not forget to unlock the first chakra that is the basis of the entire energy field. It is located in the lower abdomen and once released you will feel stability and general balance.
If this is the first time you are doing Reiki, to make contact, it is important to take a series of deep breaths before starting. Relax and feel the energy flow throughout your body. Then start with chakra number 7, the crown. And little by little you must go down until you reach the first chakra as we have seen. To begin, place your left hand on your left eye and your right hand on your right eye to address the third eye or brow chakra. Place your hands that way and place your fingers gently on your forehead. Then go down first one hand and then another to the next chakra, the throat. And little by little you go down and channeling the energy allowing it to flow throughout your body.