Feeling anxiety in certain situations is something totally normal and natural, as can be fear or happiness. But when worry and restlessness become too high, an anxiety disorder can develop that needs proper medical treatment. It is therefore a fairly generalized psychiatric problem and closely related to stress and in this article, we want to explain what the symptoms of anxiety are.
Steps to follow:
- First of all, it should be noted that anxiety symptoms can be divided into different types depending on where they originate and what they produce, for example if they are treated on a physical or mental level. Likewise, it is important to note that anxiety causes a general feeling of uneasiness on someone for no particular reason.
2. The symptoms of anxiety at the cognitive level are:
- Sense of danger.
- Desire to run away.
- Constant alertness.
- Negative thoughts about yourself and others.
- Concentration and memory difficulties.
3. Likewise, anxiety also generates physical or physiological symptoms on those who suffer from it:
- Chest tightness.
- Respiratory distress.
- Muscular stiffness.
- Digestive upset.
- Dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
4. In severe cases, sleep or eating disorders may occur, as well as it may affect sexually.
On the other hand, changes in behavior or motor symptoms can also be detected, such as:
- Awkward movements.
- Closed postures.
- Shocked facial expression.
- Repetitive movements.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.