For many people, feeling work stress on a daily basis is normal, a situation that is part of any job. But in reality, this is not true, there are jobs or work environments in which stress and task overload are encouraged in employees, which results in a staff that in the medium term will manifest various health problems. How do you know if you suffer from stress due to overwork? At this article, we give you some clues.
Steps to follow:
- How have you been feeling lately? It seems like a vague question but it isn’t. If you feel irritated for no reason, sensitive and notice that anything bothers you then it is very likely that you are experiencing a stress picture that you have not identified, ask yourself if it is due to your job.
- Those who suffer from a lot of pressure and overwork also experience signs of depression: sadness, apathy, exhaustion. If you are living it, it may be a good time for you to rest and take a short vacation.
- Our weight is also a great indicator of the stress that we suffer, especially at work: if in recent months you have gained or lost too much, it may be because you are not eating well as a result of anxiety and excess tasks.
- Do you drink enough water? How often do you go to the bathroom to urinate? It seems an unusual question, but if you don’t even have time to drink water at work, besides being counterproductive for your skin and organs, your energy levels are lower and you feel fatigued more easily so remember to consume at least 2 liters a day and you will notice the difference.
- The heart also gives alarm signals. When you wake up and total rest measures your pulse, it should be between 60 and 90 Latinos per minute, if it exceeds this figure it means that you are stressed, that you have not slept well at night or both.
- Stress from overwork significantly affects our body and mind so it is necessary to be aware of the situation and try to combat it. A good way to do it is practicing some physical activity every day to get moving and drain tension.
- Drink lots of water, eat properly, take your time to eat, and try to manage the stress – not always when we get upset it’s worth it. It is better to resolve the conflict properly than to stress, block yourself and not be able to solve the problem properly.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.