If you feel anxious lately and it is difficult for you to relax, you can go to natural remedies that will help balance your nerves and make you feel better. The passionflower is a plant that has very useful properties to help us better sleep, relieve anxiety and reduce ailments resulting from the nervous system. In this article we will tell you in detail how to take passionflower for anxiety, telling you the benefits, the dosage and some tips to calm your nerves:
Steps to follow:
- The properties of passionflower for anxiety lie in the fact that it is a natural ingredient that has the property known as a “calming effect”, that is, it helps us relieve stress and reduce nerves. This plant contains alkaloids and flavonoids that are perfect components to prevent sleep disorders, helping the person to fight insomnia and rest more deeply.
- For this reason, taking passionflower is good for relieving anxiety but also for other purposes such as treating insomnia or to reduce the level of stress before an important event (exam, conference, job interview).
- To take passionflower and take advantage of its benefits in our health it is important that you know the different ways that you can include it in your diet; the amount indicated will always depend on the amount prescribed by a specialist but, in general terms, we can say that passionflower can be taken in this way:
- Passionflower tea: It is the most classic way to include it in your diet and the amount you should take per day will depend on your mood, so, on the most nervous days you can drink 3 cups a day and, on others, regulate anxiety with 1 Cup. To make the infusion you will have to boil half a liter of water with 3 or 4 tablespoons of passionflower and let it boil for 10 minutes; you can sweeten its flavor with a little honey.
- Passionflower extract: You can also take this liquid directly during the day or by pouring it directly into your mouth or, if you want, it can be diluted with a little water to reduce the taste; approximately 45 drops of the extract are taken.
- Passionflower tablets: In natural product stores you can also get tablets of this plant and take it 1 or 2 times a day, depending on the amount indicated by a specialist.
- Although we are talking about a natural ingredient without side effects, it is true that it is contraindicated for certain people, such as:
- The pregnant or breastfeeding should not take passionflower uterotonic because it contains alkaloids.
- All children under 4 should not take children under 12 and most give a cup to the day.
- Do not exceed the dose recommended by your doctor because you could become intoxicated and the consequences can affect the stomach or even show signs of hallucinations.
- In addition to passionflower, there are other natural ingredients that can help you eliminate anxiety from your life and get you to rest better and reduce your stress level. One of the most popular is valerian because it helps calm the nerves and can be taken both in infusion mode and in tablets; Also, the infusion of lemon balm is a good option to deal with stress or, of course, the popular linden which is one of the best infusions to calm anxiety.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.