Anxiety is a normal emotional state that allows us to cope with the demands of everyday life. However, when anxiety appears frequently in an exaggerated and excessive way, without apparent real reasons, we could be facing what may be a possible anxiety disorder. Anxiety manifests itself through strong feelings of fear and unease in the face of certain situations that are experienced and experienced as threatening and dangerous, but there are several ways to face anxiety without the need to use medications to combat it.
Steps to follow:
- Exercise daily. One of the ways to treat anxiety without pills is through physical exercise, since it allows your body to release excess accumulated energy, at the same time that it generates the release of endorphins. Endorphin, also known as the happiness hormone, is responsible for reducing pain and increasing joy.
- Practice relaxation techniques. Start working with your breath. When you feel like the anxiety is about to be triggered, try to relax. Begin to inhale air through your nose and into your lower stomach, below your diaphragm. In this way, the lower part of the stomach is inflated, allowing the expansion of the rib cage. Try to focus on the path that the air makes in your body, then slowly exhale through your mouth, feeling the air leave your body. Try to stay with this exercise until the anxiety subsides. It is recommended that this exercise be performed daily for at least 10 minutes.
- If you wish, you can incorporate relaxing music to facilitate concentration. Techniques such as Yoga and Tai Chi are also considered vitally important to reduce anxiety.
Try to keep as calm as possible when you perceive that anxiety is increased. You must learn to recognize which are the situations that generate an increase in anxiety, in order to control them. Although anxiety can be present most of the time, there are situations that promote a considerable increase in this emotion.
- Do one task at a time. Try to focus on a task and do it with calm and dedication. One of the main characteristics of anxiety is the need to perform several tasks at the same time, which leads to the body being in a constant level of tension. Therefore, it is important to dedicate a certain time to each task and learn to control the need to do multiple tasks at the same time.
- Take care of your body and your mind. You must recognize your time and energy limitations. You should not overload yourself with tasks that you cannot do, and try not to burden yourself with thoughts that foster feelings of guilt for not being able to perform all the tasks. Try to maintain positive thoughts.
- Avoid consuming products that contain caffeine. Caffeine stimulates the secretion of adrenaline, favoring the increase of anxiety. Instead, it is recommended to consume herbs and medicinal plants such as anise, ampaola, lavender. Melissa or lemon balm are especially recommended for these cases, as they produce a sedative and calming effect on the body.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
- In the event that the symptoms of anxiety continue or increase, it is necessary to consult a specialized doctor.
- Consult with your doctor before starting the consumption of any herb or medicinal plant to cure anxiety without pills.