It is no secret to anyone that our mind is powerful, and that the way we manage our emotions has an important influence on our health. Hence, a large number of what we believe to be conditions or diseases are derived from the connection between our mind and our emotions. At this article, we explain more about this interesting topic, discover what psychosomatic illnesses are and how they affect our health.
Steps to follow:
- A psychosomatic illness is defined as one that occurs or worsens due to phenomena such as stress, tension, radical changes in lifestyle and emotions. It is not a secret that all these factors can influence the physical appearance to generate a health problem.
- A very clear example can be seen in certain conditions, such as bruxism, which occurs when people involuntarily have the tendency to clench their teeth both during the day and at night, a reaction to stress and tension. In the medium term this can cause headaches, ear discomfort and a whole series of conditions
- Many researches have proven that our emotions have a decisive influence on heart, stomach, mental diseases, etc., tension being an important trigger in many conditions that later manifest in our body.
- The best way to control and avoid psychosomatic illnesses is by controlling stress and paying attention to our physical responses to situations that make us nervous or generate tension.
- Observe your emotions and feelings and the way in which your body reacts to a crisis, so it is easier to determine if something we do may be the answer that is affecting our health.
- It is essential to do activities to combat stress, such as having a hobby or exercising. These are great ways to disconnect and get rid of what causes us tension and with-it physical responses that we do not want.
- It is very important to learn to resolve conflicts using emotional intelligence. Many times, psychosomatic illnesses arise because we accumulate the tension generated by our problems instead of looking for ways to solve them. It is essential to find alternatives to free our mind and body from the stress that daily problems cause us.
- Remember that what we feel and how we handle emotions influences our health, and although we often find it unpleasant for a doctor to tell us that a certain condition is due to excess stress or another emotional problem, it is necessary to become aware of this issue to thus avoid psychosomatic illnesses and live healthier.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.