Tired of being stressed out? Think that living in a situation of extreme nerves can alter your state of health because, when we are stressed, our body reacts by releasing hormones related to tension (such as adrenaline), respiration and heart rate are also increased, our muscles tighten and our brain works much faster.
All this can cause us to suffer from insomnia, headaches, anxiety, stomach problems or tachycardias, therefore, it is essential to learn to get away from this situation and promote healthy habits that help us feel better and take care of our health. In this article we are going to give you some tips that will show you how to live stress-free with simple changes that you can apply right now in your day to day life.
Steps to follow:
- One of the factors that produces the most stress is having too many things to do, responsibilities or pending tasks that only depend on you. So, in order to live without stress, the first thing we have to do is organize ourselves, plan everything that we have to do and give it a priority to be able to know what we should do in the first place.
- For this reason, we recommend that you write down all the tasks that you have to do in a notebook and that, once written, you begin to mark the priorities: which one has the most urgency, which one can wait a few days, and so on. Once you have determined this planning, you will only have to start organizing the hours and time that you can dedicate to it so as not to overwhelm yourself.
- Sometimes we are burdened with many obligations and responsibilities that we don’t really have. So, another advice is to focus, think about those tasks that depend exclusively on you and start working on them, the others can wait and, what’s more, you can delegate responsibilities and ask someone to help you. For example, if at work you have tasks that depend only on you and others in which they can help you, ask for help, do not create a “superman” or “superwoman” and begin to be consistent with the work.
- The same at home, the children are a matter of both and, if you do not arrive, you can also ask family and friends for help when you are with more work than usual. Only in this way, by determining what you are essential for and what you are not essential for, can you begin to do what is really necessary, focus on your real obligations and thus reduce the feeling of stress.
- To be able to live without stress, it is necessary that you dedicate time to doing what you like. Having the whole day loaded with obligations and not having a break will affect your health, your mood and can lead you into a depression because you cannot enjoy life. So, within the organization that we have indicated in the first section, you should also dedicate, a day, at least 1 hour to yourself: reading, listening to music, going to the gym, to dance classes, etc.
- Exploit your hobby, do not abandon it and so you can return home, to your routine and obligations with a much kinder attitude, a renewed energy and having released hormones that help you feel better. So, organize your obligations but also give yourself some time a day just for you, you can do it!
- Another aspect that we must begin to practice to reduce stress in our life is to learn to say NO. There are many people who, both in work and personal life, carry obligations and responsibilities that they could not do; It may be because they do not want to make their boss ugly or because they believe that nobody will do it better than them.
- But before accepting all the positions that are proposed to you, it is essential that you value if they have a place in your agenda and that, thus, you can be consistent with the time you have and the time you can dedicate to it. In the event that you can’t, you have to say no without regrets or any kind of burden. Your physical and mental health comes first, don’t forget it.
- It is also recommended that you incorporate some relaxing practices into your life that will help you escape from periods of stress, relax your mind and feel much better. In this sense, you can start practicing yoga, for example, which is a discipline that requires great concentration and forces us to focus on our body and breathing.
- If it doesn’t go much with you, you can also go to a spa, go every so often to enjoy a relaxing massage or do meditation. Think that meditation is one of the best practices to deal with stress because it makes you reconnect with your interior, that you try to leave your mind blank and that you can give yourself that mental rest that you need so much.
- In addition to this, you should know that you can also take advantage of some of the benefits of natural products that will help you relax, reduce your nerves and provide you with a greater sense of well-being. There are many ways to reduce stress naturally, but here are the best ones:
- Jasmine infusion.
This plant is known to the Orientals thanks to its great ability to calm and reduce bad mood. So, a good idea is to prepare an infusion with this natural plant and take it 2 times a day to get more relaxed.
- Dark chocolate.
They say that chocolate is the best substitute for sex and this statement is based on the fact that by eating this ingredient we get our body to release endorphins, the hormones responsible for pleasure (the same ones we release when we make love, for example). Therefore, a good idea to live without stress is to drink some dark chocolate, which also helps reduce levels of cortisol, that is, the hormone that causes stress.
It is also advisable that you make some changes in your daily habits and bet on a healthy life that invites you to rest and that has a nutritious and healthy diet, according to the needs of your body. Therefore, we recommend that you:
- Eat healthily: Having a diet rich in vitamins and minerals and low in fat allows your body to function better, does not exhaust itself with difficult digestions and can take advantage of most of the nutrients that enter the body.
- Reduce sweets: Trans fats stress our body by having to metabolize products that are harmful to health and that only produce toxins. So, within what you can, reduce the consumption of industrial pastries, cakes, candies, etc.
- Reduce alcohol and drugs: These substances that are harmful to our health also alter our normal functioning of the body in addition to making it excited and more altered.
- Reduce caffeine: Both coffee and caffeinated soft drinks should take a back seat in your diet to be able to live without stress since this substance is exciting and will put our body in tension.
- Exercise: Sport also produces the release of endorphins, which will help you feel much better after training, more relaxed and in a better mood. Exercising 30 minutes a day or going to the gym 3-4 times is a great practice for healthy living.
- Rest: It is essential that you sleep 8 hours a day, at least, in order to allow the body to recover, the cells to regenerate and that you are ready to focus on a new day with energy and vitality.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.