At certain moments in life, whether due to stress, an excess of nervousness or a feared situation, we may suffer an anxiety attack. It is characterized by a series of varied symptoms such as a sudden acceleration of the pulse that will lead to tachycardia, a feeling of shortness of breath, hyperventilation, dizziness, sudden sweating, tingling in the legs, tremors, nausea, etc. From this article, we will see how to act in the face of an anxiety crisis and some tips to prevent it.
Steps to follow:
- Keep in mind that an anxiety attack can appear at any time and that it usually lasts between 5 and 30 minutes. Anxiety attacks can be motivated by various causes, but we can make a small division between those caused by physical problems and those caused by psychological reasons.
- The anxiety attacks generated by physical problems must be detected by the doctors and it is they who determine the solution, which is generally through medications.
- For psychological causes, preventive measures go through harmony, tranquility, relaxation, a sense of security, etc. The three great measures to achieve that spiritual balance are:
- Breath control.
- For the control of breathing there are two basic techniques from yoga. They are alternate breathing and abdominal breathing. For meditation is only required to be in a relaxed and quiet place a minimum of 20 minutes. A variety of meditation is visualization, which consists of concentrating on certain mental images that allow our mind to calm down and forget what worries or causes us fear.
- If despite the preventive methods we end up suffering an anxiety attack or we see someone suffering from it, the most used remedy is to resort to a bag that we will place so that the mouth and nose are inside it. The person suffering from the anxiety attack should take a deep breath through the nose and breathe out slowly through the mouth until they have calmed down.
- If these crises are suffered frequently, it will be necessary to turn to professionals who treat psychological problems.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
- Avoid keeping in mind those situations or events that create panic or anguish.
- Having recurring positive thoughts prepared will help us avoid distressing thoughts.